Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lion brand patterns!

For those of you who don't know Lion-brand has tons of free knitting and crochet patterns. All you have to do is sign up! It's free and you get a neat little e-mail with a stitch of the week. :) Or you can sign up and choose not to get the e-mail at all.
Here's some new patterns they put up recently:
Amigurumi alien
Angel Fish
Amigurumi Pig
Bear
Cat
Amigurumi Frog
Gnome
Little Guy
Lion
Amigurumi Octopus
Owl
Amigurumi Panda
Small Amigurumi Penguin
Small Amigurumi Pig
Amigurumi Penguin
Amigurumi Santa
Amigurumi Reindeer
Amigurumi Snowman

And I just have to rant a moment becasue this is something that bugs me. Amigurumi is not just any stuffed toy that's crocheted and cute. For a crocheted toy to be amigurumi it has to be made in the round with mostly or all single crochet. I get very frustrated when any toy that's crocheted is labeled amigurumi! So I have taken the word amigurumi out of the names of the Lion-brand patterns that are two flat pieces stitched together.
If someone knows the definition of knitted amigurumi I'd love to know what it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right about the exact meaning of amigurumi, anyway, nice find. I have always crocheted in rounds to make stuffies, this will let me learn another way to make them.
Thanks!